Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Rival Crock Pot Slow Cooker Favourites. This fork-tender pork roast can be served on top of rice or in a sandwich on a crusty bun.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork roast
- 1 (32 g) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chilies, chopped and undrained
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Put the pork roast into the slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the pork.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours or until the pork is tender.
I made this on 8/11/08 for the " Crockpot Cooking Challenge 2008" in the Cooking Photo Forum. And I'm pleased to be the first one to make and review this recipe. I did however have to make a few changes due to what was on hand. Instead of the store bought soup mix, Substitute for 1 Envelope Onion Soup Mix was used.I didn't have canned diced tomatoes so, a 10 ounce can of mild ro-tel tomatoes were used,and a small fresh tomato was diced and added to make up the weight difference.Also, only used 1 can of green chilies,since that was what I had.Before placing the meat in the crockpot, I browned it slightly to give the meat a little color. My SO really enjoyed the taste and texture. But being the whimp that I am, it was just too much on the spicy side for me. If he wants this again, I'll add some sour cream to my serving to "tone down the bite" abit.Thanks for posting, and "Keep Smiling :)"