Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Prep time does not include soaking the beans overnight.
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried pinto beans, rinsed and soaked
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Rinse and sort beans.
- place in medium bowl; add enough cold water to cover.
- Let stand overnight.
- Drain beans and rinse.
- Place beans and next 7 ingredients (chicken through salsa) into a 4 quart slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook on high for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is no longer pink and beans are tender.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
I was very happy to see that we had all the ingredients. I'm trying to get more legumes into our diet. This recipe was easy and we were both very pleased with the taste. This is a going to be a regular. We got six servings out of this. Thanks for posting!
I thought it was good flavor. I had a bag of pintos I really wanted to use up, so this was an excellent way, and a healthy recipe as well.
Opt for the lower end of the cooking scale. The recipe turned out fairly dry when I cooked it for the 8 hours.