Recipe by Ian'sMom
This is a hearty, easy and very filling meal that my family loves. It can be adjusted for a thicker stew that my husband likes served over rice, or chicken broth can be added for more of a soup.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, Drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, Drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth, less if you want a thinner soup consistency
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except chicken and broth (if using) in slow cooker.
- Lay chicken on top and cover.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- Before serving remove and shred chicken. Chicken broth can be added at this point if a thinner consistency is desired.
- Cook 30 minutes longer on low.
- Can be served with rice, cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips.