1/2 Photos of Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Stew
6 hrs 5 mins
This is a hearty, easy and very filling meal that my family loves. It can be adjusted for a thicker stew that my husband likes served over rice, or chicken broth can be added for more of a soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, Drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, Drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth, less if you want a thinner soup consistency
- 1Combine all ingredients except chicken and broth (if using) in slow cooker.
- 2Lay chicken on top and cover.
- 3Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- 4Before serving remove and shred chicken. Chicken broth can be added at this point if a thinner consistency is desired.
- 5Cook 30 minutes longer on low.
- 6Can be served with rice, cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Southwest Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 518.9
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 2342.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.4 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 45.2 g