Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A very easy way to make snack mix. If desired, reduce the cereals to 3 cups each and add 3 cups of corn chips.
- 4 cups crispy wheat cereal squares, bite size
- 4 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 3 cups thin pretzel sticks
- 1 (12 ounce) can salted peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Combine cereals, pretzels, and nuts in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over cereal mixture and toss gently until combined.
- Pour into a large slow cooker and cover and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.
This was a great recipe. I made modifications based on what i had in the pantry & to increase the fiber intake: 4 cups wheat cereal, 4 cups multigrain cheerios, 1.5 cups of bran cereal (stick/twig variety), 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, handful shelled sunflower seeds. I didn't have seasoning salt so i used garlic salt instead. I received rave reviews from everyone who tasted. I used a wide slotted scooper to filter the crumbs out of the mix, as i packaged it in cone shaped cello bags
MsSally was right about this easily been adaptable to any type of snack combo. It kinda reminds me of the ChexMix you can buy/make. I do like the added parmesan cheese you don't see in alot of the other recipes. I also omitted the celery salt and I didn't have pretzel stick so used mini-braids. I especially liked it while it was still warm from the crock-pot which I might add was also a welcome change from using my big ol roaster for such recipes. Thanks Lvs!!
I've never made snack mix this way, but this is the new way from now on. This recipe can easily be adapted for other flavore of snack mix. DH and DD loved this version. I omitted the celery salt.