Recipe by Katandr
Easy, cooks all day while I'm at work and is a kid favorite in our house. Freezer friendly.
Top Review by Acerast
Very tasty! Your addition of bacon to Sloppy Joes intrigued be so I had to give it a try. I followed your procedures but also sauteed the garlic in the bacon grease. This takes a bit of work to put together for a weekday meal but I would certainly make this on a weekend when I'm frying bacon. Thanks for a great new Sloppy Joe. Thanks Katandr!
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove from skillet, drain on paper towels, crumble and set aside.
- Cut the onion into small pieces, then cook in the bacon grease until golden. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Brown the ground beef, remove from skillet, and drain.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a slow cooker along with the bacon, onion and ground beef.
- Cook for at least 8 hours on the lowest setting, but times will vary based on the individual slow cooker.
- Serve over hamburger buns for a good "sloppy-joe".