Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
The recipe says 8 servings, but this would serve at least twice 12 -- unless people eat more than one. They got quite sloppy in the slow cooker and I ended up taking the lid off to simmer them for an hour or so to thicken them up. They sure tasted good though, so the recipe is a keeper for me.
- 12 ounces ground turkey breast
- 4 ounces ground sirloin
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Brown meat and onions 6-8 minutes and drain.
- Transfer mixture to slow cooker and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook in slow cooker on low 6-7 hours.