Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Found this on another website and thought I would share. Hope you enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 6 -8 hamburger buns, toasted
- In a skillet, brown beef, onion and garlic; drain and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients except buns in a slow cooker; stir in beef mixture. Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Spoon onto buns.
- Serves 6 to 8.
Wow! I've never had Sloppy Joes but these were easy and GOOD! Everyone in the family loved them! The only change I made was to eliminate the celery and use 1C green pepper. Served on whole wheat potato rolls. Thanks for sharing....TOTAL keeper!
I cooked for 7 hours on low and it was burnt around the edges and slightly dry because of the long cooking time. The flavour was still nice, but next time I wouldn't cook this for longer than 5 hours, stirring about every hour to ensure it doesn't burn.
Excellent recipe! Was expecting it to be thicker; however, it was terrific! I buttered and broiled the buns until golden. I also added mushrooms, cut thick, since I had them and they turned out fantastic!!