Recipe by Air Force Mama
Place everything in the crock pot before leaving for work, come home, grab some buns and dinner is ready. Don't forget the salad =)
- 15 ounces tomato sauce (can)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 lbs pork shoulder, trimmed of excess fat
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine tomato sauce, chili powder, brown sugar, coriander, and cumin in the base of the slow cooker. Stir to combine and distribute spices evenly.
- Sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker.
- Using tongs, turn the pork to coat it evenly in the sauce.
- Add the garlic and onions, stir again.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook until pork is tender and beginning to fall apart, 8 - 10 hours on low or 4 - 6 hours on high.
- Transfer pork to a serving bowl and shred with two forks, removing excess fat.
- Skim excess fat off of the remaining sauce in the slow cooker. Stir in lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the shredded pork back to the slow cooker and mix it with the sauce.