Recipe by Faith77
This comes from my well used slow cooker cook book called "The 150 best slow cooker recipes" by Judith Finlayson. I love this cook book and I have already shared a recipe or two from this book. The title in the book is shredded chicken but I call it pulled because that is how I get the meat off. :) Anyways, I love this recipe because you can use the chicken for anything you want like sandwiches, tacos, or even enchiladas. (Which by the way I found a great enchilada recipe by 'Hey Jude' Chicken Enchiladas, just in case :) )This is easy and fun to do, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
- 3 -4 lbs chicken pieces, skin on
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker stoneware, laying dark meat (legs and thighs) on bottom and white (breasts) on top.
- Add water to cover.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
- Allow to cool in liquid.
- Remove skin and bones from chicken and shred by pulling the meat off the bones and apart with your fingers.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.