Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Whew! I think I checked all 87 short ribs recipes to be sure this one isn't posted, so here it is! The original recipe came in a microwave cookbook that came with the oven, but using the slow cooker suits me better right now, so I've been making it that way. Sounds really unusual, but is totally good! Serve in a soup bowl with cornbread.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs beef short ribs
- 12 ounces beer
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (I use Kikoman low sodium)
- 1 medium onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 -2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- Dump everything except corn in the slow cooker and set on high until the mixture gets hot. If it's early in the day and you are going to have the ribs for dinner, turn the slow cooker down to low and forget it until you're ready to plate it up. Add the corn to allow it to cook slightly.
- Serve over corn bread or bake refrigerated corn sticks to go along side.