Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
this is my original recipe I also posted it on allrecipes. I came up with this just to make something quick but is now a regular in the winter. Serve on rolls or over rice or noodles.
- 8 Italian sausages or 8 kielbasa
- 26 ounces favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- combine all into slow cooker and cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Serve on rolls, rice or noodles.
- Note: another delicious option is to take 2-3 fully cooked chorizo sausages, remove casing and crumble into sauce for a spicier mexican pasta sauce -- is wonderful!
I made this yesterday and it is a recipe I will use often.
I was going to post this recipe too, but I am glad I checked first! I have been making this for a long time. I normally use 2 or 3 green peppers and 1 large onion, and I use just a plain spaghetti sauce (not chunky) and I add some garlic and Italian seasonings to it. I let the sausages cook in the sauce all day, then about an hour or so before we eat I add the veggies, since we prefer ours to still have some crunch to them when we eat. We eat this on rolls. Very yummy!
Very good sauce which we had over spaghetti. I added a good sprinkling of Italian seasoningand 1 jar (that the spagetti sacue came in) of water. Next time I won't use as much water. Thanks for sharing!