Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I received this recipe in a weekly email that I've been getting from McCormick's website. I made this one day when I didn't want to spend a lot of time with last minute preparations for our Sunday meal. Italian sausage(sweet or hot) gives so much hardiness to a meal that there seems to be little reason to serve much else. We had this over spaghetti, but it could also be made for a super bowl party, and served from the crock spooned into rolls or buns. Hope you enjoy this as much as we have.
- 2 lbs italian rope sausage, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oregano, and
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons parsley, or
- 1 package mccormick slow cookers italian herb chicken seasoning
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker, toss to coat everything.
- Cook 8 hours on low OR 4 hours on high.
- Serve or cooked pasta or spoon into rolls or long buns. Enjoy!