Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Thanks so much to Melissa Earl from Living a Frugal Life for sharing this great recipe. Crock pot recipes are great ways to stretch your budget but still be able to have a great tasting meal. And as a bonus you get to save tons of time and make it seem like you spent long hours in the kitchen. This chicken recipe is especially nice because it is very versatile and you can make a large batch and freeze 1/2 of it so you can have 2 meals out of 1!
- 3 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 6 chicken breasts, halved
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine cream soup, onion soup mix, dried thyme, pepper, and dried tarragon in a large bowl.
- Add carrots and onions to the bowl and mix.
- Put chicken into slow cooker and pour mixture over the top. Use a rubber scrapper to get it all off the sides and into the slow cooker.
- Let mixture and chicken cook for 4-5 hours on HIGH.
- Mix cornstarch into chicken broth and stir it into the slow cooker mixture.
- Cover back up and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice.