Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Easy and healthy salmon chowder in the slow cooker. Feel free to kick up the veggies, just be sure to add extra broth or water to compensate.
- 340.19 g alaskan salmon, drained and flaked (canned or pouch)
- 85.04 g chopped onions
- 170.09 g chopped celery
- 113.39-141.74 g shoestring carrots
- 709.77 ml fat-free chicken broth
- 226.79 g fat free cream cheese, cubed
- 59.14 ml brown rice
- 14.79 ml dill weed
- 4.92 ml salt (optional)
- 59.14 ml water
- In slow cooker, combine onion, celery, carrots, chicken broth, and rice.
- Cook for about 4-5 hours on LOW.
- When the vegetables are soft to your preference, turn the slow cooker to high, add the cream cheese, and stir until melted.
- Add the salmon, spices, and ¼ cup water. Stir. Cook about 10-20 more minutes on high, stirring occasionally.
This is great! I used 3/4 c celery, 1/2 c carrots, 1/4 c onion. I used elftover baked salmon and 4c broth instead of 3, and left out the rice. Added black pepper and garlic powder and some leeks, and the insides of a leftover baked potato, and 1/4 c canned corn. FANTASTIC.
This was Heaven and so easy. My daughter loved it too! I had to use 1/2 TB dried Dill & 14 oz canned Salmon.I put all ingredients except the salmon and cream cheese in first. Turned out LOVELY!! Thanks Again! We will make this often :)
This was very good! It took only 4 hours for the vegetables to cook. The only change I made was to use only 1 tsp. of dill in this (I used dried; if you use fresh, 1 tb may be a good amount). I left out the salt, because my broth was salty enough on its own. Thanks for posting; this was a nice use for canned salmon.