Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Adapted from a recipe by TESSLYNN at allrecipes.com.
- 2 lbs 90% lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) canscondensed low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) packetdry au jus mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, and milk using your hands. Shape into 8 patties.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Dredge the patties in flour just to coat, and quickly brown on both sides in the hot skillet. Stack browned patties in the slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, au jus mix, and water. Pour over the meat. Cook on the Low setting for 4 or 5 hours, until well done.
We loved this!! and SO EASY!! I added more brown gravy mix and parsley to the meat. My gravy did cook and stick to the crockpot- I just added more water and cooked about 30 more minutes. Made for BB Tag.