I got this recipe from allrecipes.com and it is delicious! I've always wanted to try Salisbury Steak cooked in a slow cooker and finally found it and wanted to share it with others. You won't be dissapointed.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, and milk using your hands. Shape into 8 patties.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dredge the patties in flour just to coat and quickly brown on both sides in the hot skillet.
- Place browned patties into the slow cooker stacking alternately like a pyramid.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, au jus mix and water. Pour over the meat.
- Cook on the Low setting for 4 or 5 hours until ground beef is well done.