Top Review by stormylee
This was so easy and very good! Loved the thyme in this. Instead of celery seeds I used a bit of minced celery, and I also made this on the stovetop, simmering (covered) for about an hour in all. Made for a lovely dinner, thank you for sharing!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 medium onions, quartered
- 2 carrots, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in the crockery pot.
- Stir in the next 5 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the chicken is done and the vegetables are tender, 7-9 hrs.
- or on HIGH 4-6 hrs.
- Stir in the peas and cook until they are done, 15 to 30 minutes.
- (Note: Baby carrots make a quick and easy substitute for the 1" thick carrot slices).