Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 medium onions, quartered
- 2 carrots, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in the crockery pot.
- Stir in the next 5 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW until the chicken is done and the vegetables are tender, 7-9 hrs.
- or on HIGH 4-6 hrs.
- Stir in the peas and cook until they are done, 15 to 30 minutes.
- (Note: Baby carrots make a quick and easy substitute for the 1" thick carrot slices).
This was so easy and very good! Loved the thyme in this. Instead of celery seeds I used a bit of minced celery, and I also made this on the stovetop, simmering (covered) for about an hour in all. Made for a lovely dinner, thank you for sharing!
This was very good! Mine was more like a chicken soup than a stew. I did not have onions, so could not use any. Also used baby carrots. I also omitted the mushrooms. The only thing I did not like was the fat that I had to keep skimming off the top. Any suggestions for that? Other than that, it was a great soup, and even better the next day! Will def. make again!
The flavor was really good, but I should have used more chicken broth - lacked a little bit of umf!