Top Review by Zaprudrr
I've made this several times now and it's always a huge hit. I get sooo many compliments when I do this for company. Sometimes I crisp the skin in the oven before serving...I find the cooking time too long though so I cut that down. It's moist and falls off the bone and makes a very flavorful gravy. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 whole chicken
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- aluminum foil, rolled into 7 or8- 1 inch balls
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll aluminum foil into balls and add to bottom of your crockpot.
- Rinse and pat dry whole chicken, then rub dry ingredients all over the chicken, be sure to rub some inside the cavity as well.
- Set chicken on top of foil balls and set slowcooker to high and cook for 8 hours;this is for a 4-5 pound. I cooked mine; 3 pounds for 5 hours.
- Cooking time depends on the size of your chicken.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Mix chicken drippings with powdered chicken gravy mix for an excellent sauce.