Recipe by Mirj
This is from the wonderful Lora Brody. Makes a fantastic hostess gift.
Top Review by luckycloud29
this was such a popular gift! everyone that i gave this to raved about the lovely color and then the intense, fresh taste of the oil. so easy to do yet the finished product looked and tasted like it was very complicated.
- 1 cup mild olive oil or 1 cup mild vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup packed, chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup packed roughly chopped fresh basil leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the oil and the rosemary (or basil) in the insert of the slow cooker.
- Cook on high, uncovered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, then turn the cooker off.
- Allow the oil to cool for about 20 minutes, and then pour it through a sieve lined with a clean paper towel or paper coffee filter into a metal bowl.
- When the oil is completely cool, transfer it to a clean glass jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 month; after that the flavor may fade.
- The oil may cloud under refrigeration, but it will become clear again at room temperature.