Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is from the wonderful Lora Brody. Makes a fantastic hostess gift.
- 1 cup mild olive oil or 1 cup mild vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup packed, chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup packed roughly chopped fresh basil leaf
- Place the oil and the rosemary (or basil) in the insert of the slow cooker.
- Cook on high, uncovered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, then turn the cooker off.
- Allow the oil to cool for about 20 minutes, and then pour it through a sieve lined with a clean paper towel or paper coffee filter into a metal bowl.
- When the oil is completely cool, transfer it to a clean glass jar, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 month; after that the flavor may fade.
- The oil may cloud under refrigeration, but it will become clear again at room temperature.
this was such a popular gift! everyone that i gave this to raved about the lovely color and then the intense, fresh taste of the oil. so easy to do yet the finished product looked and tasted like it was very complicated.
a very quick way to make an intense, herbal-flavoured oil. I used this oil a lot on bruschetta and tomato salads. Thanks Mirj.
I am not going to rate, since I might have done something wrong. Didn't taste good. I used a very mild oil, still, didn't "infuse" it much. Any idea what I might have done wrong?