7 hrs 15 mins
This is a stick to your ribs recipe. Serve it with mashed potatoes or over egg noodles. Each serving is 1 1/3 cup. I found this recipe in Cooking Club magazine. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2-3 lbs beef chuck roast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 20 ounces canned beef consomme (2-10.5oz cans)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 10 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1Marinate beef in wine in resealable plastic bag in refrigerator up to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- 2Drain beef; reserve marinade. Pat beef dry. Heat slow cooker to high. Add consomme, onions and mushrooms.
- 3Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until browned. Drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Add bacon to slow cooker.
- 4Combine flour, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in large bag. Add beef; shake to coat. Remove beef; reserve flour mixture.
- 5Cook beef in bacon drippings in batches over medium-high heat 3-5 minutes until browned on all sides. Place in slow cooker.
- 6Add reserved flour mixture to drippings in skillet; cook and stir over medium heat 1 minute. Add 1 cup of the reserved marinade; bring to a boil, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Pour into slow cooker.
- 7Add remaining marinade and thyme to slow cooker. Cook over low heat 7-9 hours or until beef is tender. Remove beef and vegetables. Pour liquid into large skillet; boil over high heat 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour over beef and vegetables.
You Might Also Like...View All Main Dish Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Roast Beef With Red Wine
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.0
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 133.8 mg
- Sodium 886.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 46.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen pearl onions