Recipe by JessFontenot
Super easy and beyond delicious. Lean yet tender chuck roast, hearty potatoes, mouth-watering mushrooms, all in an aromatic, creamy red wine broth. I'm in college, so this is easy and affordable: few ingredients, loads of flavor. Served well over mashed potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 russet potatoes, skin on and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup red wine, full-bodied
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease slow cooker bowl with olive oil.
- Season roast with salt and pepper. Lay inside the slow cooker.
- Throw in onions, potatoes, and mushrooms, in that order.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together soups, water, wine, and soup mix. Pour over the roast and vegetables.
- Cover with lid and slow cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Break up the meat with two forks when cooked and serve over a dollop of mashed potatoes.