Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Super easy and beyond delicious. Lean yet tender chuck roast, hearty potatoes, mouth-watering mushrooms, all in an aromatic, creamy red wine broth. I'm in college, so this is easy and affordable: few ingredients, loads of flavor. Served well over mashed potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 russet potatoes, skin on and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup red wine, full-bodied
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Grease slow cooker bowl with olive oil.
- Season roast with salt and pepper. Lay inside the slow cooker.
- Throw in onions, potatoes, and mushrooms, in that order.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together soups, water, wine, and soup mix. Pour over the roast and vegetables.
- Cover with lid and slow cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Break up the meat with two forks when cooked and serve over a dollop of mashed potatoes.
Thanks for a great recipe. It was real quick and very easy and real tasty! Have made this dish twice now... once with the potatoes and once without. Lots of sauce can be mopped up with bread or mashed potatoes.