Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 hrs
from "Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly" p221
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 2 cups mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 4 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 cup low-sodium tomato puree
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine or 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- turn slow cooker on high for 2 minutes.
- pour oil into slow cooker and add all ingredients EXCEPT parsley and basil. cover.cook on high 2 hours, then low 4-5 hours.
- stir in fresh basil. sprinkle with parsley. serve.
I have to agree with the other review...this recipe is really disgusting! The seasonings are all wrong! Do not try this! I can usually pick out the good recipes, but this one was a big loser...went right down the drain!
This recipe was so disgusting we thre it down the garbage disposal. We love rattouille, not tomato veggie MUSH! This is the first recipe I've tried from this site for slow cookers, I will try a different recipe and hope for better results. A big waste of money for all the ingredients. Don't bother. Hula Girl