Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 45 mins
This recipe is from "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook" by Beth Hensperger and Julie Kaufmann. I have made it several times and we absolutely love it. It can be served with whipped cream, raspberry sauce or white chocolate sauce (sauce recipes can be found on the net at various recipe websites).
- SlowCooker: Medium round.
- Setting and Cook Time: HIGH for 2-1/2 hours, plus 15 minutes uncovered.
- Coat the slow cooker with butter-flavor nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer half of the crumbled bread in the slow cooker, and sprinkle with half of the berries.
- Repeat the layers, ending with the berries on top.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Pour into the cooker over the bread cubes and berries, and gently push down the bread to evenly moisten.
- Cover and cook on HIGH until puffed and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 2-1/2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted in the center should register 190 degrees F.
- Remove the lid and cook on HIGH for another 15 minutes.
- Cover, turn off the cooker, and let the pudding stand to cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, with whipped cream, if desired.
I made this very tasty dish with 2 major changes. I used fresh cherry's instead of the rasberrys and pepperidge farms raisin bread. Maybe with the rasberrys It would be 5 stars. It had a nice texture but was a little watery on the bottom. since I made two big changes I will make this again and follow the recipe to the T and repost if the results are different. Thanks for the recipe.
Exceptional! I'll make this my "staple" and throw out the old recipe. I substituted blueberries for the raspberries.