1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker Raspberry Bread Pudding
2 hrs 45 mins
"Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"'s Note:
This recipe is from "Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook" by Beth Hensperger and Julie Kaufmann. I have made it several times and we absolutely love it. It can be served with whipped cream, raspberry sauce or white chocolate sauce (sauce recipes can be found on the net at various recipe websites).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1SlowCooker: Medium round.
- 2Setting and Cook Time: HIGH for 2-1/2 hours, plus 15 minutes uncovered.
- 3Coat the slow cooker with butter-flavor nonstick cooking spray.
- 4Layer half of the crumbled bread in the slow cooker, and sprinkle with half of the berries.
- 5Repeat the layers, ending with the berries on top.
- 6In a large bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Pour into the cooker over the bread cubes and berries, and gently push down the bread to evenly moisten.
- 7Cover and cook on HIGH until puffed and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 2-1/2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted in the center should register 190 degrees F.
- 8Remove the lid and cook on HIGH for another 15 minutes.
- 9Cover, turn off the cooker, and let the pudding stand to cool slightly.
- 10Serve warm or at room temperature, with whipped cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Raspberry Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (495 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1704.7
- Calories from Fat 547
- Total Fat 60.8 g
- Saturated Fat 33.4 g
- Cholesterol 454.2 mg
- Sodium 1662.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 242.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 80.0 g
- Protein 50.0 g