Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Delicious chicken chili with the added protein of nutty Quinoa. I love this recipe for its' ease and its' taste. I got this recipe from Facebook Sweetreatsmore.com
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups chicken stock
- 15 ounces corn, drained
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped, I use a 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion, I use more
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, I use 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, can use Taco seasoning
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in crockpot.
- Put quinoa in a sieve and pour boiling water over it.
- Mix with all other ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Cook for 5-7 hours on low.
- Remove chicken and shred it and return chicken to crockpot.
- Keep on warm until ready to serve.
- Can garnish with grated cheese and or sour cream.
I added about a tablespoon of chili powder and some garlic powder and still thought this was bland. Could definitely be better with more spices but is a good solid recipe.