Recipe by Baz
Based on a taste.com.au recipe. I love the idea of sticking everything in the slow cooker and leaving it. Evaporated milk can be used instead of cream for lower fat content.
- 1 medium butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded & chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt and black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- chili powder, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pumpkin, potatoes, onion, curry powder, and stock in a large slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3 to 4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool. Using a food processor or a stick blender, process until smooth.
- Put it in a saucepan and stir through the cream and chilli powder (if using). Warm the soup through again and season with salt and pepper to taste and serve. If soup is too thick for your taste, add a little more stock or water. (If too thin, simmer to reduce a little.).