Recipe by SnoBahr
A frothy delight, using the slow cooker. My family ADORES it, including my pumpkin-indifferent husband. Yoinked and modified from a post on the What-A-Crock livejournal community
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat slow cooker with cooking spray. Beat eggs and egg whites with whisk in large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, spices and vanilla extract. Mix until blended, and fold in whipped topping. Pour into cooker.
- Cover. Cook on low three to four hours, or until sides are set and center of custard is just a bit loose.
- Divide into serving dishes and chill until cool. Top with dollop of whipped topping and ground cinnamon, if desired. One can also top with crushed pecans, sprinkles, sugar, whatever.