Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Delicious!!! I got this recipe from a coworker. It is amazingly easy and deceptively good!
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 18 corn tortillas
- cilantro (fresh)
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, combine salsa, chili powder, oregano, cocoa and salt.
- Add pork and turn to coat.
- Cook covered on high 4-5 hours or low 7-8 hours.
- Shred with 2 forks and stir into cooking liquid.
- Serve with warm tortillas, cilantro, lime, salsa and anything else you like in your tacos or burritos.
I made these for a party - they were a huge hit. The cocoa makes it taste like a mole sauce. Very good.
This is a delicious meal, I've made it several times.
This was soo delicious! I will definitely be making this again. I put avocado and lime juice on my tacos and it was excellent. It was great how fast it was to prepare. I cooked it for 8 hours on low and the pork shredded nicely.