1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
8 hrs 20 mins
TARGET® Recipes's Note:
Flavorful pork is braised with lots of Hunt's Tomato Sauce and aromatic vegetables in a slow cooker for convenience then shredded and warmed through with the accumulated cooking juices.
My Private Note
pork sh ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless pork shoulder, 3 1/2 to 4 pounds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (29 ounce) can Hunts tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- additional salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Season the pork with the salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the pork on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- 2Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from the skillet. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Add the chicken broth and increase the heat to high. Cook, stirring to pick up any browned bits on the bottom, until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Pour in the Hunt’s Tomato Sauce and bring to a boil. Pour the contents of the skillet over the pork. Cover and cook on low until the pork is very tender, 8 to 10 hours. Remove to a plate or platter and cool.
- 3Skim off fat from the surface of the cooker and increase the setting to high. Stir brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce into the liquid in the cooker. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, while pulling the pork. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4When cool enough to handle, pull the pork into shreds, removing all fat and gristle. Return to the cooker and cook uncovered, stirring often, until blended and the sauce is thickened, about 30 minutes. Serve on hamburger rolls with coleslaw. Makes enough for 10 to 12 sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (1305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 993.7
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6556.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 177.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.2 g
- Sugars 152.1 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless pork shoulder