Recipe by AZPARZYCH
Saw on another site; it sounds good and easy with just 3 ingredients!
Top Review by Bayhill
Delicious! What's not to love about a recipe with only 3 ingredients that goes together so quickly and easily with minimal preparation? The root beer imparts a slightly sweet flavor to the pork and keeps it moist during cooking. My pork was fork tender after 5 1/2 hours on "low". After draining off the root beer, I stirred in a 19 oz. bottle of "Jack Daniels Honey Smokehouse" barbecue sauce and turned my slow cooker on "warm" until we were ready to eat. I served the pulled pork on whole wheat hamburger buns with a slice of American cheese...yummy! Thank you for sharing this wonderful, quick and easy recipe...it is definitely a keeper!
**Made for 2012 Football Pool**
- 1 (2 lb) pork tenderloin
- 12 fluid ounces root beer
- 18 ounces barbecue sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the pork tenderloin in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low until well cooked and the pork shreds easily, 6 to 7 hours.
- (Note: the actual length of time may vary according to individual slow cooker.).
- Drain well.
- Stir in barbecue sauce.
- Serve over hamburger buns.