6 hrs 30 mins
Chef Joyous's Note:
For best results, make this a day before eating. Temptation is great to eat it before it is done as it smells so YUMMY, but it is best if you let it "marinate" over night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray slow cooker with PAM spray for ease in clean up.
- 2Trim fat from meat, place in slow cooker.
- 3Top with 3 cloves of garlic (crushed),2 small onions (Chopped),Celery stalks cut to fit in cooker, hickory seasoning to taste.
- 4Pour root beer over everything.
- 5Cook for 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- 6Remove from pan, pull pork with a fork while cutting off extra fat.
- 7Add chopped onion, garlic and your favorite flavor of BBQ sauce mixed with dark brown sugar.
- 8Refridgerate overnight and add more sauce if needed.
- 9Reheat in microwave and place on rolls.
- 10***Freezes well if you have any leftovers!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.0
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 60.3 mg
- Sodium 574.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 18.9 g