Recipe by bloomsday616
A delicious and easy way to make pulled sandwiches. This can also be made with pork and is great on sandwich buns as well as wraps, although it will change the points value. I originally found this on the WW website, but it was made in the oven and I found using the slow cooker to be easier and much tastier. I usually add more onion, garlic, and hot sauce to pep it up a bit since I love spicy food!
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup diet cola
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (habanero recommended)
- 3 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 4 whole wheat tortillas, 6 inch
- 1 cup mixed greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Place diced onion in bottom of crock pot.
- Place chicken breasts on top of onion.
- Whisk together cola, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, steak sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low 6 hours or high 3 hours.
- Using two forks, shred chicken and mix to coat with sauce.
- Serve on wraps with mixed greens.