Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
a recipe handed down to me from my mother.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled, and cubed
- 2 cups cooked cubed ham
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, cut very fine
- 1 (10 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can Fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2.5 (10 ounce) cans milk, use soup cans
- Spray slow cooker with vegetable spray, than add potatoes, broccoli, and ham.
- In a large saucepan, combine soups, and milk.
- Heat just enough to mix until smooth.
- add to slow cooker , stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- When serving add a dash of paprika , if desired.
Made as written, but I added the stem of the broccoli after I peeled it and cube it very small. This is so easy to make and has a nice flavor . Made for Please Review My Recipe tag from January 2nd, 2011
While I thought this was just okay and lacked zip my family loved it hence the 4 stars. For me there just wasn't as much zip as I was expecting though I do think that this is a great base to thow in what you have around the house. It will be made again.
Delicious! I couldn't find the fiesta nacho cheese soup so I used another can of cheddar cheese soup and a little salsa. I cooked it on low for 7 hours but the potatoes weren't quite done so I turned the crock pot to high for another hour which really did the trick. I served this with roast beef-onion sandwiches for a hardy, hot dinner.