8 hrs 20 mins
A great soup served with crusty bread. The cream cheese really gives this soup a wonderful flavor. Note: It is up to you if you want to peel the potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup carrot, diced
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1In a large slow cooker, combine all ingredients except for the cream cheese and flour.
- 2Cook on low for 8 hours or until potatoes are done.
- 3About an hour before you serve the soup, add the cream cheese, stirring well until melted.
- 4After cream cheese is melted, take out about 2 cups of the soup broth and pour into a medium bowl; add the flour and whisk until smooth and no lumps remain.
- 5Pour the 2 cups of soup broth back into the crock pot and stir to combine.
- 6Replace lid and cook for about 30 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.4
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.5 mg
- Sodium 1125.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 8.4 g