Recipe by Lainey39
A great soup served with crusty bread. The cream cheese really gives this soup a wonderful flavor. Note: It is up to you if you want to peel the potatoes.
- 8 cups yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large slow cooker, combine all ingredients except for the cream cheese and flour.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or until potatoes are done.
- About an hour before you serve the soup, add the cream cheese, stirring well until melted.
- After cream cheese is melted, take out about 2 cups of the soup broth and pour into a medium bowl; add the flour and whisk until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Pour the 2 cups of soup broth back into the crock pot and stir to combine.
- Replace lid and cook for about 30 minutes more.