1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker Potato-Leek Soup
8 hrs 20 mins
Even my one year old will eat this. It is delicious served in a sourdough bread bowl and is particularly good on an autumn day. It comes together easily, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken stock
- 2 medium leeks, rinsed and chopped (white and light green parts)
- 1 tablespoon dried dill or 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, drained, and chopped
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1Place potatoes and leeks in slow cooker. Sprinkle flour over and toss until well-coated. Add the chicken stock and stir, then add the dill and the chopped bacon. Mix well. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
- 2In a blender or food processor, puree the soup until creamy (you can puree the whole pot or just some of it if you prefer a chunkier soup). Add salt and pepper to taste (I find a teaspoon or two of salt really helps boost the flavor).
- 3Stir in half and half and cheese (if using), then cover and heat an additional 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Potato-Leek Soup
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.7
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 46.9 mg
- Sodium 749.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 18.6 g