Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Easy and yummy. Could also be roasted in the oven.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, can use any combo of boneless pieces
- 5 medium white potatoes, cut into small chunks
- 2 large coarsely chopped leeks, white and light green parts, washed well
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) envelope leek soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, if needed to taste
- place potatoes in slow cooker. Arrange chicken pieces on top of potato slices. Place leeks on top of chicken pieces.
- In small bowl, whisk together leek soup mix, water, garlic, paprika and pepper until well-combined. Pour over top of everything in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on Low 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add salt, if needed, to taste.
It sounded and looked better then it actually was. I would not make this again
This REALLY yummy!! My husband, the picky eater in our house, fussed for all of 5 minutes about the leeks, but then wouldn't share his leftovers at work! LOL I used little fingerling potatoes, and didn't chop them up, and it was perfect! Thanks for posting!
This didn't have magic sparks for me, but it tasted nice and was simple to put together. Satisfying, easy recipe.