Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a good recipe for a cold day and it goes together in minutes. I use fat free evaporated milk and Healthy Choice sausage to reduce the fat content; you can also add or change ingredients as you prefer. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 2 white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 smoked sausage ring, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Combine all ingredients and place in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
Great tasting. I left out the Sausage and replaced it with Chicken. I also left out the green pepper and worcestershire sauce. It turned out very good. I was looking for a chicken corn chower and this worked well.
GREAT SOUP!!! I agree with Chef #292812's comment about adding milk late in cooking to prevent curdling. HOWEVER, that leaves the main cooking time without enough fluid. I used just enough chicken broth to make sufficient fluid for cooking and it was good but would like to hear what others might have done about this problem.
Yum good soup :) i left out the worsshisire sauce and added carrots on prefrence. And what I did, and I think this is a good rule of thumb, is I left out the can of milk until the last 10 minuites, leaving it in there just long enough to heat sufficiently. That is what alot of recipes calling for any kind of cream reccomend, I bet that would help with the curdling :)