Recipe by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
Having tried the "other" slow cooker roast recipes, I wanted to create something with as much flavor, but without using the too salty, too oniony soup mix. I combined several other recipes and came up with this, which I think is better and it's the only one I use now.
Top Review by knitaholic
This was great! I used 3.5 lb chuck roast, and added 1 cup celery. The cooking time was extended to probably 9 1/2 hours on low, and then we made a gravy after removing the meat and veggies. I'll be making this again...Thanks for posting! Oh, and I forgot the minced onion but I ended up making sauteed mushrooms and onions for a side dish.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine soup, water, basil, Worcestershire sauce and onion and whisk together. Set aside.
- Place roast in slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place carrots and potatoes over meat and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour soup mixture over meat and veggies and cook on low for 8 hours.