8 hrs 20 mins
Air Force Mama's Note:
Adapted from Real Simple
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 lb carrot (peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces, and halved lengthwise if thick)
- 1 lb baby potatoes or 15 baby potatoes
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges (root end left intact)
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 lbs beef chuck roast
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together the tomato paste, cornstarch, and 1 cup water.
- 2Add the carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, and bay leaves and toss to combine.
- 3Season the beef with 1½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper and set on top of the vegetables.
- 4Cover and cook until tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
- 5Let the meat rest for 10 minutes before discarding the kitchen twine and slicing the meat across the grain.
- 6Serve with the vegetables and cooking liquid and sprinkle with the parsley.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.6
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 149.6 mg
- Sodium 346.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 50.6 g