Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From the Best Slow Cooker Cookbook. This recipe is unique in that it uses Au Jus gravy mix, beef gravy and Italian salad dressing mix. It looks wonderful. I haven't made this one yet, but it is going in my "Must Try 2010" Cookbook.
- 4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 (10 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 (1 ounce) package au jus mix
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Combine gravy, au jus mix, salad dressing mix and wine in a medium bowl.
- Pour mixture over meat.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Remove roast to plate; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Turn slow cooker to high.
- Mix flour into water until smooth.
- Stir into juices in slow cooker.
- Cook 15 minutes or until thickened.