Recipe by Jazz Lover
From the Best Slow Cooker Cookbook. This recipe is unique in that it uses Au Jus gravy mix, beef gravy and Italian salad dressing mix. It looks wonderful. I haven't made this one yet, but it is going in my "Must Try 2010" Cookbook.
- 4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 (10 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1 (1 ounce) package au jus mix
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Combine gravy, au jus mix, salad dressing mix and wine in a medium bowl.
- Pour mixture over meat.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Remove roast to plate; cover with foil to keep warm.
- Turn slow cooker to high.
- Mix flour into water until smooth.
- Stir into juices in slow cooker.
- Cook 15 minutes or until thickened.