Recipe by Engelis
Originally found on about.com, slow cooker pot roast, MarshaSue This is a simple way to cook your less expensive pot roast and any leftovers and can be turned into a completely different second meal.
- 1⁄2 lb pot roast
- 10 1⁄2 ounces beef broth
- 2 -3 large carrots, sliced
- 3 -4 small potatoes, subed
- 1 1⁄4 ounces dry onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Take a pot roast, a package of onion soup mix, a can of beef broth and 1 can of water and place it in the slow cooker.
- Then I cut up some carrots and potatoes and place in the slow cooker.
- I usually put this in around noon and cook on low until dinner (just make sure you don’t cook dry). It is so tender you could cut it with a fork.
- If you have leftover beef, the next day you shred it up and place it back in the slow cooker, cover it with your favorite barbecue sauce and warm it for about 1 hour and serve on your favorite bun for the best barbecued beef sandwiches.