Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great recipe for the "SLOW COOKER" in the summer, so you don't heat up your kitchen.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Place water and three-fourths of the vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon onion soup mix. Sprinkle remaining onion soup mix over vegetables; stir gently to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle and rub salt, pepper, thyme over the pot roast. Place pot roast on top of vegetables.
- Place remaining vegetables around pot roast; sprinkle vegetables with remaining onion soup mix. Place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours OR on high for 5 to 6 hours until beef is tender.
- Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Serve food directly from slow cooker.
Really good roast. Well seasoned. I recommend waiting to put the potatoes in until the last 2-3 hours to prevent them from getting too soggy.
Another great crockpot recipe. The only change I made was to add some beef boullion to the recipe. I then thickened the gravy with a combination of water and cornstarch.