Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Great recipe for the "SLOW COOKER" in the summer, so you don't heat up your kitchen.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Place water and three-fourths of the vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon onion soup mix. Sprinkle remaining onion soup mix over vegetables; stir gently to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle and rub salt, pepper, thyme over the pot roast. Place pot roast on top of vegetables.
- Place remaining vegetables around pot roast; sprinkle vegetables with remaining onion soup mix. Place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours OR on high for 5 to 6 hours until beef is tender.
- Carefully remove lid to allow steam to escape. Serve food directly from slow cooker.
Really good roast. Well seasoned. I recommend waiting to put the potatoes in until the last 2-3 hours to prevent them from getting too soggy.
Another great crockpot recipe. The only change I made was to add some beef boullion to the recipe. I then thickened the gravy with a combination of water and cornstarch.