Recipe by Some1sGrandma
Found this in Parents Magazine January 2005 issue. Haven't made it yet, but want to soon. Crushed tortilla chips give this soup its authentic flavor and hearty texture.
Top Review by ellie_
Very good and easy! I only used 1 pound of the pork and that seemed to be enough for us. Broke some taco shells into pieces for the tortilla chips - which also worked out okay. All in all a very good and hearty meal! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3⁄4-2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (2)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (32 ounce) package chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, and garlic; cook 1 minute more.
- Transfer to slow cooker and add pork, tomatoes, chilies, broth, and tortilla chips.
- Cover and cook 4 hours on high.
- Stir in corn.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with cilantro.