Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Found this in Parents Magazine January 2005 issue. Haven't made it yet, but want to soon. Crushed tortilla chips give this soup its authentic flavor and hearty texture.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3⁄4-2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (2)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (32 ounce) package chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- chopped fresh cilantro
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, and garlic; cook 1 minute more.
- Transfer to slow cooker and add pork, tomatoes, chilies, broth, and tortilla chips.
- Cover and cook 4 hours on high.
- Stir in corn.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with cilantro.
Very good and easy! I only used 1 pound of the pork and that seemed to be enough for us. Broke some taco shells into pieces for the tortilla chips - which also worked out okay. All in all a very good and hearty meal! Thanks for sharing!
Very good!! It was easy to make and tasted wonderful. A nice healthful way to end a cold Winter's day :)
I made this with city chicken cut pork (a little cheaper and already cut up!) added some chorizo and black beans-yum! Topped this with sharp cheddar and sour cream and served with hard whole wheat rolls. Hubby gave it two thumbs up, this is a keeper!