Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I made this up one day when I had some pork ribs. It turned out quite good.
- 907.18 g country-style boneless pork ribs, sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 3-4 large carrots, sliced into rounds or 0 turnip, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 473.18 ml pork broth
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2.46 ml granulated garlic
- 4.92 ml penzey's muskego avenue seasoning
- 59.16 ml butter
- 59.16-88.74 ml flour (I use gluten free)
- Add rib cubes, veggies, and broth to the crock pot/slow cooker and stir well.
- Sprinkle seasonings over all and cook on low for 8 hours (high for 4).
- Remove veggies and meat from broth.
- After the 8 hours, in a medium pot on the stove, melt butter and add flour; cooking while stirring for about a minute, or so, until it makes a paste.
- Slowly add the broth and cook, whisking until thick.
- Either add all back into the crockpot and eat as a stew, or pour a little over the meat and veggies and eat on the plate. Good either way!
- NOTE: You could also thicken the stew in the crockpot with some a starch slurry. Add in and cook on high for 1/2 hour.