8 hrs 15 mins
WI Cheesehead's Note:
I made this up one day when I had some pork ribs. It turned out quite good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs country-style boneless pork ribs, sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 3 -4 large carrots, sliced into rounds or turnip, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 cups pork broth
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon penzey's muskego avenue seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 -6 tablespoons flour (I use gluten free)
- 1Add rib cubes, veggies, and broth to the crock pot/slow cooker and stir well.
- 2Sprinkle seasonings over all and cook on low for 8 hours (high for 4).
- 3Remove veggies and meat from broth.
- 4After the 8 hours, in a medium pot on the stove, melt butter and add flour; cooking while stirring for about a minute, or so, until it makes a paste.
- 5Slowly add the broth and cook, whisking until thick.
- 6Either add all back into the crockpot and eat as a stew, or pour a little over the meat and veggies and eat on the plate. Good either way!
- 7NOTE: You could also thicken the stew in the crockpot with some a starch slurry. Add in and cook on high for 1/2 hour.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Pork Stew (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.1
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 132.2 mg
- Sodium 195.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 32.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: