Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great crock pot meal. Good served with Bacon and Onion Biscuits , bacon and onion biscuits.
- 453.59 g pork shoulder, but into 1 inch cubes
- 453.59 g kielbasa, cut into 1/2 inch slices (I used an apricot apple sausage once and it was too die for)
- 473.18 ml onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 396.89 g cannellini beans
- 396.89 g chicken broth
- 170.09 g tomato paste
- 9.85 ml dried thyme, crushed
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 396.89 g diced tomatoes
- Add all ingredients except tomatoes to slow cooker. Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
- Add tomatoes and cook another 30 minutes.
I had some leftover pork roast, so I used it instead of the raw pork. I think there was more than the 1 lb. of raw pork called for, but it was still fine. (I'm sure it would have been better had I used the raw pork in the recipe amount, as my cooked pork just shredded.) I also used the stove-top rather than the slow-cooker. I figured the only raw items were the onions, garlic, and carrots. I believe the finished product would have been even better with the slow-cooker giving everything a chance to meld together. I'm still giving this 5 stars (hubby gave it 4.5) because it was easy to make and the results were a delicious stew. I think you could use any kind of beans and get the same great taste. Thumbs up on this one!
Tagged for Newest Zaar Tag 2008 We really enjoyed this for dinner. I loved it as it is a crockpot dinner so I was free to laze about catching up on schoolwork while dinner was prepared. I had never used tomatoes with pok before and now cannot figure out why. Delicious. Thank you for a wnderful meal. Leftovers are contained and frozen for a future worknight meal.