4 hrs 15 mins
CHEF GRPA's Note:
This slow cooker pork roast recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner when you know you won't have much time to cook. Just brown the pork loin in a butter, cover with mustard and cook on low for 6 hours with a little broth and vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Begin by making vertical slits with a pointy knife in the roast. Insert a piece of garlic in each of the holes.
- 2Melt the butter with the olive oil in a heavy skillet on medium high heat. Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper then brown it on all sides in the hot butter.
- 3When it's browned all over, remove from the heat and slather the mustard on all sides of the roast.
- 4Place about 1/2 of the cut potatoes and carrots in the bottom of the crockpot, then put the roast on top of this.
- 5Return the skillet to the heat and add the onions. Brown the onions for five minutes, stirring occasionally. Place the browned onions on top of the roast and add the rest of the carrots and potatoes as well.
- 6Return the skillet to the heat one last time and add about 1/2 cup of the beef bouillon. Use a wooden spatula to scrape the bits off the bottom of the pan and into the bouillon. When most of the bits are unstuck, pour this along with the rest of the bouillon on top of the roast.
- 7Cook the pork roast for 6 hours on low heat. If you are home, you can give things a stir every once in a while.
- 8To serve, remove the roast form the crock pot and cut iit n thick slices. Serve in a deep plate with the potatoes and carrots and topped with a ladle of the sauce. Don't forget the French bread!
- 9Notes: This slow cooker pork roast recipe couldn't be simpler and you can change it around as you wish. You could for example, include green beans along with the other vegetables or use different herbs. A splash of wine would be a fine addition as well. A good tip from duonyte, if you twist the knife blade slightly as it is piercing the meat and slide the garlic sliver down the blade and into the meat. The garlic permeated the meat. I thank her for this.
- 10Don't worry about the mustard flavor being too strong. Mustard loses its bite when it is cooked, so all you get here is great flavor.
- 11Slow cooking in a juicy sauce is perfect for pork roasts, which otherwise have a tendency to be a bit dry. You'll want to serve this slow cooker pork roast recipe with a good loaf of French bread because there is lots of great sauce to sop up. A deep plate, called a soup plate, is ideal for serving juicy dishes like this.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Pork Roast Roti De Porc a La Mijoteuse
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.0
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 107.0 mg
- Sodium 487.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 36.4 g